Pineapple, cardamom and coconut curry
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
A tasty curry given a hint of sweetness by pineapple and cinnamon. Serve with rice and poppadoms and enjoy.
- Over a low heat, add the oil to a pan and cook the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander and chilli and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Peel and core the pineapple. Slice into pieces, then add to the pan.
- Add the coconut cream, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Stir then leave to gently simmer for 15 minutes until the pineapple is tender.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice and poppadoms.