Barbecue skirt steak with chargrilled cauliflower and chipotle hot sauce
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Photography by Fiona Andersen
Experiment with all sorts of different chipotle sauces from mellow and smoky to lava hot. Wild Meat Sauce is a winner, even on fried eggs.
- Combine garlic with 20ml of the olive oil, smear over steak, then season with chilli flakes and some salt and pepper.
- Grill steak on a very hot barbecue for 5 minutes before turning over and cooking for a further 3 minutes or until just medium.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest in a warm place.
- Brush cauliflower with remaining olive oil and grill on a hot barbecue plate for about 10 minutes until charred and tender.
- Remove from heat and serve with carved steak and chipotle sauce on the side.