Rum and raisin truffles
Decadent truffles to be served with coffee and a little tipple on the side. You can use brandy, or Cointreau if you prefer.
- Soak the raisins in the rum for 30 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate, butter and cream in a microwave jug or bowl and heat on medium power for 1 minute intervals until melted and smooth. (Alternatively, heat over a double boiler).
- When smooth, add the rum-soaked raisins and any liquid and orange zest.
- Mix well and set aside to cool for 30 minutes, then chill for 4 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls, then roll in coconut, cocoa or chopped roasted nuts.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.