Green vegetable stir fry with sesame haloumi
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Nick Tresidder
The key is to not overcook the greens so they keep all their antioxidants. Adding a little water or stock when stir-frying allows the greens to steam and cook evenly.
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in a wok or stir-fry pan and saute the garlic, zucchini, bok choy, snow peas and broccoli for 2-3 minutes until starting to colour.
- Add ½ cup water or stock and the silverbeet. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Add sweet chilli sauce and soy, and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a shallow pan. Sprinkle the haloumi with sesame seeds, then fry for about 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve the greens, topped with a few slices of sesame haloumi.