Honey and ginger salmon skewers with noodle salad
( SERVES 4 )
Using honey in the marinade gives these Asian-inspired skewers a glossy caramelised crust. Makes a simple dinner or lunch dish.
|500 g||Boneless salmon fillets, cut into cubes|
|3 Tbsp||Lime juice|
|1 Tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|2 inches||Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced|
|4||Soba noodles, (portions)or dried udon noodles|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Black sesame seeds|
|1||Lime, cut into halves|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
- Marinate the salmon cubes in combined honey, soy, lime juice and ginger for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Thread onto pre-soaked skewers and arrange on a lined baking tray. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 2-3 minutes until caramelised.
- Cook the noodles as per packet direction and drain.
- Toss with cucumber ribbons, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Squeeze over lime juice and toss with oil and sea salt.