Chilli baked ricotta tart with faux puff pastry
( SERVES 4 )
Chilli baked ricotta filling
- Divide the butter into four and leave in the fridge. Sift the flour onto the bench and make a well in the centre.
- Put in one portion of the butter, cubed, the salt and the water. Work the ingredients together with the fingers, gradually drawing in the flour till you have large crumbs.
- Press the pastry together into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 15 mins.
- Roll out the pastry to a 15 X 38cm rectangle. Cube the second portion of butter and sprinkle over 2/3 of the pastry.
- Fold the non-buttered third over the centre third, then fold over the remaining third of the pastry.
- Press the ends to seal. This is called a 'turn'. Re-wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 15 mins.
- Repeat stage 2 with the third portion of butter.
- Repeat again with fourth portion of butter.
- Refrigerate till ready to use. Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Roll out pastry to form a rectangle shape then transfer to an oven tray.
- Brush the edges with a little milk then fold over approximately 1 cm and brush again.
- Lay the ricotta on the pastry and sprinkle with the chillies and lemon, drizzle generously with olive oil, add the oregano and season well.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with salad greens if you fancy.