Tomato, bean and egg salad
( SERVES 4 )
- Trim the beans by removing the stalk end, then wash and plunge into a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Immediately refresh under cold running water, then stand them in a bowl of iced water to retain the colour.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Slice the larger ones horizontally and cut the cherry-sized ones in half.
- On a flat plate, arrange the slices neatly and strew the beans over the tomatoes.
- Finally, peel and cut the eggs in half and place with the olives among the tomatoes and beans.
- Mix the oil and vinegar with the salt and pepper, then sprinkle over the salad.
- Finish with a scattering of herb leaves. Serve immediately.