Soba noodles and salmon
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Dressed noodles can transform something very simple into an interesting meal. Here I've added fresh flavours such as lime, cucumber and coriander, with salmon to elevate the meal above the ordinary. A little salmon goes along way, as it's quite rich. The edamame beans add a wonderful colour and crunch, and are full of goodness. Don't overcook them or they'll become wrinkly. The dressing is full of flavour; add a whole chilli if you dare.
- To make the dressing, combine the ginger, oil, chilli, garlic, soy sauce and lime juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and toss through the dressing.
- Add the edamame beans, salmon, spring onions, cucumber, and coriander. Mix gently to combine.
- Serve on individual plates or on one large platter.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
Tip: Edamame beans can be found in the frozen foods aisle of the supermarket, and at Asian food stores.