Mushroom quesadilla with spring onion sauce
( SERVES 2 )
I have based this recipe on one shared with me by chef Jinu Abraham.
Spring onion sauce
|½ cup||Soy milk|
|1||Spring onion, large, green part only|
|50 g||Blanched almonds, lightly roasted|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Tomatoes, quartered|
|1||Red pepper, quartered and seeded|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Chopped coriander|
- For the sauce, bring soy milk, garlic and almonds to the boil.
- Remove from heat and infuse for 20 minutes. When cold, blend together with spring onion, coriander and olive oil, until smooth. Season and thin with water, if necessary.
- For the salsa roja, heat oven to 190C. Roast tomatoes, onion, red pepper and garlic in oil for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool then blend together with coriander until smooth.
- For the filling, saute onions in oil in a large frying pan, until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are dry, browned and soft.
- To assemble, sandwich tortillas together with the mushroom filling to make two servings.
- Pan-fry on both sides until browned. Cut into six wedges. Drizzle with spring onion sauce and salsa Roja. Serve with salad.