Prawn and chicken wonton soup
- To make the stock, heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, until the onion is softened.
- Add the water, stock, chicken bones, carrot, celery and bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Strain the broth through a muslin-lined sieve or colander. Discard the solids.
- Cool thoroughly, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove any fat that may have settled on the surface of stock while cooling.
- To make the prawn and chicken wontons, combine all the ingredients for the wonton filling, except the wrappers, in a bowl.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of the mixture in the centre of each wonton wrapper. Brush around the edges with a little water, gather edges around filling and pinch together to seal.
- Return the stock to a large saucepan and add soy sauce to taste. Bring to the boil. Add wontons, reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced bok choy and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Divide the wontons among serving bowls. Ladle the broth into the bowls and sprinkle with spring onions, coriander and fresh chilli, if desired.