Pumpkin & Gnocchi Gratin
( SERVES 4 )
I used a commercial gnocchi for this recipe.
|600 g||Pumpkin, peeled and seeded|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Rosemary leaf|
|1 tsp||Chopped thyme|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8||Button mushrooms, halved|
|8||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2 cups||Baby spinach, packed leaves|
|400 g||Potato gnocchi|
|250 g||Low-fat sour cream|
|200 g||Soft goat's cheese, chopped|
|¼ cup||Dukkah, for the topping|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Cut the pumpkin into 2cm dice. Place in a roasting dish with the onion.
- Toss in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sprinkle with the herbs. Season.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, until almost cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin mixture from the oven and stir in the cherry tomatoes and spinach. Place in a baking dish.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 5 minutes until they rise to the top and are tender.
- Drain and add to the pumpkin.
- Dot with sour cream and goat's cheese.
- Cover with foil and reheat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with dukkah. Serve with a simple green salad.