Goats’ cheese and hazelnut tart
( SERVES 4 )
The combination of goats’ cheese and hazelnuts is just so good. You will never hanker for a classic bacon and egg pie again!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC fan bake. Line a 23cm round loose-bottomed tart tin with baking paper.
- Brush filo with 3 tbsp of the oil, layer sheets at different angles so the base and sides are covered. Allow pastry to drape over sides.
- Put 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add spring onions, garlic and season. Cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together mustard, crème fraîche and eggs. Season well.
- Scatter half the spring onion mix and half the goats’ cheese over pastry base.
- Pour the egg mixture over this and top with remaining spring onion and goats’ cheese. Sprinkle hazelnuts on top.
- Fold over hanging pastry and brush with remaining oil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden. Set aside. Slice and serve.
Cook’s tip: Enjoy this luscious tart with chutney – the contrast between the creamy, nutty tart and the zingy fruit is delightful.