Feta with coriander seeds, chilli flakes, thyme and bay leaf
Photo by Jason Burgess
- Dissolve the salt in 800ml warm water and let it cool completely.
- Slice your feta into cubes.
- Fill a clean, sterilised jar with the feta cubes.
- Put a handful of coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar and bash just to crack open and pour over feta.
- Pop in a bay leaf or two and sprinkle over chopped (or dried) thyme and a teaspoon or two of chilli flakes (if using).
- Pour in the cooled salt water solution to cover the feta.
- Let sit for at least 4 days before eating, preferably with home-made crackers!