( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Tamara West
Delicious with the last of the second raspberry crop, but if too late, frozen raspberries are perfectly fine. Thaw frozen raspberries a little, crush with a fork and fold through the whipped cream just enough to leave a marbling look.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Add 2⁄3 of sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Add vinegar and cornflour, then add the remaining sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Using a spatula or large spoon, fold in oatmeal, peel and hazelnuts. Spoon large spoonfuls on to baking tray. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Use 2 baking trays if necessary and swap around in the oven halfway through baking.
- If you wish to leave frozen raspberries whole, thaw separately on kitchen paper.