Mini blackberry and blueberry bakewells
( MAKES 11 tarts )
These are seriously substantial. If you prefer something smaller, reduce the size of your tin and adjust your cooking times.
- Preheat the oven to 185C fan bake. Grease 11 muffin tins, 9 x 4cm each.
- Cut pastry into 11 circles with a 10cm cutter. Line muffin tins and chill.
- Beat the flour, butter, sugar, egg and ground almonds together in a bowl. Divide filling between tarts.
- Top with blackberries and blueberries. Press them into the mixture, scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside to cool, then dust with icing sugar.
These make a lovely dessert – serve warm with a little yoghurt and softly whipped cream mixed together.