Baked Chicken with Pawpaw
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Place the chicken in a large plastic bag. Season the flour well and add to the bag.
- Shake the chicken until well coated. Shake off the excess.
- Place in a large oiled baking pan. Brush the top of the chicken with oil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until cooked and crisp and golden on the outside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Peel and seed the pawpaw. Cut into cubes.
- Combine the juice, sugar, arrowroot and soy sauce in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and add the pawpaw. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.