Photo by Doug Sherring
Poached plums in rhubarb are ideal for breakfast or dessert
- Split and stone the plums.
- In a baking dish, layer the half plums and some rhubarb batons.
- Drop the zest of an orange over the fruit and squeeze the juice into the dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar (white, brown or raw) or sweeten with liquid honey. It's up to you how much you use.
- Add a little water and poach in a medium oven until tender.
- Allow to cool and serve with yoghurt for breakfast or icecream or cream for dessert