( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
Chardonnay is a glorious food wine, because it covers a lot of flavour bases
- Toast off some bread chunks in the oven to crisp and colour them.
- Lightly toast some walnut halves. Allow these to cool, then process the two to give chunky crumbs.
- Put some water on to boil and cook some pasta. I used the large shell shapes.
- Slice 4 boned skinless chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
- Sear these in a heavy-based pan and when they have a bit of colour, add some chicken stock and half a wine glass of chardonnay.
- Simmer the chicken in this to cook through.
- Once cooked, swirl some cream through the sauce, season well and transfer to your serving bowls.
- Top with the walnut toast crumbs.