( SERVES 4 )
Chopped macadamia nuts or hazelnuts could replace the almonds.
- Halve each chicken breast lengthwise.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, 2 tbsp of cornflour and the orange juice or water. Mix well. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190degC. Place 2-3 tbsp of oil in an oven pan and heat for five minutes. Lightly beat the egg together with the remaining 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Place the almonds on a board. Dip the chicken portions into the egg mixture, then coat with the almonds.
- Place in the preheated oven pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked and golden.
- Great served with a fresh fruit salsa or plum sauce.