Mushroom salad with silverbeet, blue cheese and walnuts
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 cloves||Garlic, peeled and finely sliced|
|4 cups||Mushrooms, assorted, washed and sliced if necessary|
|½ cup||Walnuts, roasted, roughly chopped|
|3 handfuls||Silverbeet, young leaves, washed|
|1 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|150 g||Blue cheese|
- Heat pan and add oil and butter (this will become the dressing).
- When bubbling, add garlic and mushrooms, stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add silverbeet, lemon, walnuts and seasoning, being generous with the pepper.
- Serve in bowls with all the juices from the pan and extra lemon wedges.
- Crumble over blue cheese.