Ciuppin (smooth fish soup)
( SERVES 4 )
For the stock
|1 to taste||Fish, heads and bones|
|½||Onion, cut in half|
|1||Carrot, cut in half|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|1||Celery stalk, cut in half|
- First, prepare the stock. Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Strain, keeping the broth and discarding the solids.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion, garlic, parsley, carrot and celery and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add half of the white wine, let it evaporate, then add the tomatoes and oregano, season with salt and pepper, stir, then add the rest of the wine and the fish stock.
- Bring to the boil, add the fish fillets, mix gently, and cook for 20 minutes or until the fish are almost melting.
- Pass everything, fish and sauce, first through a mouli then through a sieve. Toast the bread, rub with the peeled garlic and place in the base of 4 serving bowls.
- Reheat the ciuppin for 3 minutes, then use a ladle to divide the soup between the bowls.