Tamarillo and fresh ginger pudding with caramel
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|150 g||Butter, (softened)|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, (finely chopped)|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
- Preheat oven to 180C. With the point of a sharp knife, cross the end of each tamarillo, place in a bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 20 minutes then peel.
- Boil the apple juice, sugar and water for 15 minutes then pour over fruit.
- Grease 4 dariole moulds (or other ¾ cup mould). Cream butter with sugar and both gingers.
- Add eggs one at a time then gently fold in flour. Spoon mixture into moulds and bake 20 minutes.
- Boil caramel sauce ingredients together for approximately 20-25 minutes or until caramel colour starts to appear.
- Add cream, turn heat to low and simmer another 5 minutes, cool slightly. Remove fruit from poaching liquid, cut some in half, place on puddings and pour sauce over.