Pan fried salmon with mixed bean and walnut salad
( SERVES 4 )
|¼ cup||Walnuts, roasted|
|3½ Tbsp||White balsamic vinegar|
|100 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|100 ml||Grapeseed oil|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup||Green beans, trimmed|
|1 cup||Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup||Broad beans, peeled|
|2||Tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
- To make the dressing, place the walnuts in a food processor and process briefly until chopped.
- Add the vinegar and oils, then process until mixed. Season to taste.
- To make the bean salad, blanch and refresh the green beans, then cut into thirds lengthways.
- Place the green beans in a bowl with the cannellini and broad beans and the tomatoes, then add enough dressing to cover liberally.
- Slice the salmon into 4 even-sized pieces. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, then place the salmon skin-side down in the pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the bean salad equally between each of 4 plates, then place the salmon skin-side up on top.