Rhubarb ice cream
( SERVES 6 )
Soft, luscious vanilla ice cream mixed with intense, vibrant and tangy rhubarb – it’s the perfect combination.
- Place ice cream out to soften as you make rhubarb mixture.
- Place rhubarb, sugar, orange zest and juice, vanilla bean and seeds into a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook gently and stir occasionally.
- After 20 to 25 minutes, discard the vanilla bean. Set aside to cool.
- Add softened ice cream to the rhubarb mixture and stir through gently. Pour into a container, 18cm long x 12cm wide x 6cm deep. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Turn the ice cream log out onto a board, slice and serve with store-bought almond fingers.
Check out Ray McVinnie's video on 'How to make chocolate shards'