Berries with white chocolate sauce and sweet pangrattato
( SERVES 4 )
Italians use pangrattato, crisp fried breadcrumbs mixed with garlic or herbs, as a topping for pasta and other savoury dishes. This sweet version is flavoured with cocoa and cinnamon and is great sprinkled over berry desserts.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the berries in the freezer to chill while you make the pangrattato and sauce.
- Place the bread in a food processor with the almond meal, sugar, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Process the mixture to form fine crumbs, then add the butter and pulse to combine.
- Spread on the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and dry. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the cream and choco-late in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water) until the chocolate melts.
- Then stir gently to combine.
- Divide the berries among 4 plates, pour over the warm sauce, then sprinkle with the sweet pangrattato.