Pork, chicken and fennel sausages
You can make up this mixture, shape and refrigerate overnight or for at least a couple of hours before cooking to improve their flavour.
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Shallots, finely chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|150 g||Chicken, leg or thigh meat, skin removed and cut into rough pieces|
|450 g||Pork mince|
|3 Tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Thyme leaves, picked|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds, crushed|
|½ tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the shallots and garlic until soft, but not coloured, about 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Whizz the chicken meat in a food processor until just minced (not to a paste). Alternatively, you could chop the meat very finely using a large sharp knife.
- Place the minced chicken meat in a large bowl with the pork mince, herbs, lemon zest, crushed fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined (mixing and squeezing the mixture with your hand works well).
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions, shape and roll into 12 sausages.
- Heat the remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Pan-fry the sausages until golden all over, turning regularly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the sausages with warm new potatoes, that have been tossed in a mustard vinaigrette white they are still hot, and a green salad.