Green beans and romesco sauce
This sauce is absolutely divine and is fabulous with freshly picked green beans, straight from the garden.
*Recipe from Riverstone Kitchen Simple by Bevan Smith. Published by Harper Collins Publishers, New Zealand.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- To make romesco sauce, place tomatoes, chilli and garlic on a baking paper-lined oven tray and drizzle with 50ml olive oil.
- Roast for 10–15 minutes until vegetables are soft and just starting to colour.
- Remove from oven and place in a food processor with roasted capsicum. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly toast ciabatta, add half to the vegetables and pulse to combine.
- Place sauce in a small stainless steel bowl, then mix in hazelnuts, remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Add beans and blanch for 40–50 seconds. Remove beans from pot, drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Roughly tear remaining toasted ciabatta and scatter over beans before topping with romesco sauce. Serve immediately.