Fresh berries and cherries complete a special meal. You could simply serve a pile of these with cream but if you have time for Christmas dinner, make Summer Puddings. Individual servings are impressive. These need to be made the day before.
- Line small dishes or glasses with clingfilm.
- Line again with white, sandwich-sliced bread, pressing the bread together where the slices join to make a complete case for the berry filling.
- Mix washed strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, red and black currants and sprinkle with castor sugar. Warm in a pot until the juices start to run. Cool.
- Spoon the berry mix into the bread case, allowing the juices to soak into the bread. Top with a bread disc and cover with glad wrap. Sit a can of something on top of this to compress the contents. Refrigerate overnight.
- Turn the puddings on to your serving dishes, easing the pudding out of the glass by gently pulling the clingfilm lining. Offer cream.