Little prune cake with custard
( SERVES 4 )
There is something possessively magical about having your own little cake to eat. Serve them warm with custard, although ice cream is good, too.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter and flour 4 x 6cm ramekins. Chop the prunes and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in an electric mixer for about 8 minutes. Beat the eggs and slowly add to the mixture, then fold in the flour. Stir in the prunes and divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Place on a flat baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges of the cakes and turn out onto warm plates.
- Serve with custard spooned over them.