Honey chilli squid
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Place fish sauce, honey, garlic and chilli in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Score squid with the tip of a sharp knife making a tight-knit criss-cross pattern on the inner side of each piece.
- Place in a non-metallic dish, pour marinade over squid, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat and stir-fry squid in several batches for 2-4 minutes.
- The honey will cause the squid to caramelise and can catch and burn, so keep it moving.
- Serve with extra soy sauce on the side.
To learn how to prepare fresh squid, watch this video.