Tian aux courgettes
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Trim the stalk end from the courgettes, then cut them into small, evenly sized pieces. Put the pieces into a very large pot with the oil. Cover and cook over a moderate heat for 20 minutes until tender, stirring from time to time.
- Tip the courgettes into a colander and leave for 30 minutes to drain off the excess oily moisture. Press down the drained courgettes gently with the flat side of a wide slotted spoon to be sure they are well drained, then transfer to a gratin dish.
- Add half the grated cheese, the cream, nutmeg and sage, and stir to mix. Season. Spread out and smooth the surface with the back of a fork. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve hot.