Seared beef salad with mirin and tamari dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|3 tsp||Peanut oil|
|8||Vine ripened tomatoes, (halved)|
|1||Salt, (to season)|
|½ Tbsp||Canola oil|
|500 g||Beef sirloin|
|1 cup||Edamame beans|
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Arrange the tomato halves in a baking dish. Drizzle over the peanut oil, tear the curry leaves over and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, hear a frying pan, add the oil to the pan and cook the seasoned sirloin for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness). Let rest before slicing.
- Simmer the edamame until tender then pod.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients together.
- Arrange the tomatoes, beef and edamame on a plate with plenty of watercress, then dress.