Seared tuna, melon and fennel salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|600 g||Tuna, (4x150g steaks)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Heat a pan and when hot, add the olive oil then the tuna. Season and cook for 2 minutes depending on the thickness of the steaks.
- When well-seared, turn over and repeat. Remove, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes while making the salad.
- Halve the melon, remove the seeds, peel and dice.
- Halve the fennel bulb, remove the core and discard then slice the bulb finely.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and toss with the melon and fennel. Arrange on a platter and place the slices of tuna on top. Add extra mint if desired.