Mango, strawberries, cardamom syrup, sesame, mint and biscuits
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- To make the syrup, pour the sugar and water into a saucepan. Add the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Continue simmering for a further 15 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Slice the mango into wedges then peel. It can be difficult to peel a whole large mango without it becoming slippery. Once it is peeled, slice each segment into slices.
- Arrange slices of mango with the strawberries on each plate. Add the savoiardi biscuits, dusted with icing sugar.
- Add cream topped with toasted sesame seeds then pour over a little syrup and garnish with mint leaves.