Southern fried chicken
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat a wok or portable deep-fryer to 180C with high-heat cooking oil. In a mixing bowl, toss together the salt, sugar, Moroccan seasoning, cornflour and polenta, mixing thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk.
- Place the chicken tenderloins first in the dry ingredients, then the buttermilk mixture and back into the dry ingredients, to coat thoroughly.
- Fry the chicken in the oil until golden, drain on absorbent paper and season with sea salt flakes.
- Serve with cucumber "noodles" bound with Greek honey yoghurt and coriander.