Chicken and cashew nut dumplings with black vinegar
( SERVES 2 )
|200 g||Chicken mince|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Ginger, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Roasted cashew nuts, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|½ tsp||Caster sugar|
|1 packet||Dumpling wrappers|
|1 Tbsp||Vegetable oil, use enough to lightly cover the base of the fry pan|
- In a bowl mix together the chicken, garlic, ginger, cashew nuts, coriander, sesame oil, sugar and salt.
- Place a spoonful of mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Moisten the edges with water, then fold and seal.
- Pour a cup of water into the pan, put on the lid and let the dumplings steam for 10 minutes.
- Heat a fry pan with a lid. Pour in just enough oil to lightly cover the base. Fry the dumplings for a couple of minutes without turning until crispy on the bottom.
- Combine the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and serve with the dumplings.