Best blueberry muffins
Ready in 25 minutes. Makes 12 large muffins.
- Place dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (½ tsp grated lemon rind) and add with fruit to dry mixture. Mix very gently.
- Place in greased muffin pans, topping with a light dusting of cinnamon and sugar. Fan bake at 180C until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Allow 15 minutes for mini muffins and 20 minutes for regular-sized muffins. Frozen fruit takes longer to cook.
- The lactic acid in buttermilk reacts well with raising agents such as baking powder or self-raising flour, creating an extra-moist, soft result. With just 0.8% fat, buttermilk combined with a little oil makes these muffins light.