Apricot Almond Cake
A lovely almondy cake with a touch of apricoty sweetness. Perfect for a special afternoon tea.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and almond essences.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in ground almonds.
- Sift over flour and baking powder.
- Wash apricots (fresh), remove stones and chop roughly. Stir apricots through mixture.
- Line the base of a 20cm ring tin with baking paper and spoon mixture in.
- Crumble amaretti biscuits over the top. Warm jam and drizzle over biscuits.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out.