Orange and ginger chicken
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Tam West
- Heat oven to 200C*. Mix together grated ginger, crushed garlic, five spice, brown sugar and the orange zest.
- Season the chicken, inside and out with salt and pepper, then rub the ginger mix all over.
- Stuff the orange and ginger slices into the chicken cavity. Place in a dutch oven (casserole dish with lid) breast side up. Pour over the orange juice and soy sauce, cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour until cooked through. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Serve with juices from the pot, steamed rice and greens.
* This recipe was originally cooked in a clay pot. If you are using one, place it in the oven cold rather than pre-heating.