Spiced salmon steaks with chinese cabbage slaw
( SERVES 4 )
Chinese cabbage slaw
|1 cup||Bean sprouts|
|3 Tbsp||Sesame seeds|
- Brush the salmon steaks with soy sauce and dust on both sides with five spice powder.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan, add a film of oil and cook salmon for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. This will cook the salmon to medium - cook a little longer if you prefer your fish well-done.
- Serve with Chinese cabbage slaw and lime or lemon halves on the side to squeeze over.
To prepare the Chinese cabbage slaw and the Dressing:
- Combine salad ingredients( Chinese cabbage, finely sliced with seeds removed red pepper, finely sliced spring onions, sliced on an angle celery sticks, bean sprouts), except sesame seeds, in a large bowl. Blend dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well and serve scattered with sesame seeds.