A wonderful health rule is to ensure at least half your plate is filled with salad or vegetables. This recipe covers both and can be served with your chosen fish or meat – or as a meal in itself.
|1 cup||Peas, cooked|
|1 cup||Broad beans, cooked|
|1 cup||Potato, cooked, diced|
|1 cup||Bean, cooked|
|¼ cup||Red onion, diced|
|1 cup||Ham, cooked, shredded lean|
|1 cup||Diced tomato|
|½ cup||Basil, sliced|
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a jug and stick nblend until smooth. Season with salt and milled pepper to taste.
- Liberally dress the salad with around half the tomato dressing and toss gently. Season to taste before serving.
- To finish, sprinkle lightly with parmesan and anchovies, lemon zest and chopped parsley or basil.
- The remaining dressing can be used if people want more – or refrigerate for another day.
Cook's tip: You can use almost any cooked lean meat for this salad, such as skinless cooked chicken, turkey or pork fillet. Alternatively, replace the meat with diced avocado.