Ginger fudge slice
Photo by Tam West
- Melt butter, brown sugar, milk and golden syrup in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 4 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Combine crushed biscuit crumbs, chopped walnuts and coconut in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in sugar mixture and mix well.
- Press into a lined slice pan and refrigerate until set.
- Mix together the icing sugar, butter and lemon juice with enough warm water to make an easily spreadable icing. Ice ginger slice and then sprinkle with coconut.
- Cut into pieces once icing has set.