Braised Neck Lamb Chops
This recipe is great to make the day before you need it. Any excess fat can be skimmed off prior to reheating.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat a little oil in a cast-iron casserole dish. Gently cook onion (finely chopped), carrots (chopped), celery (finely sliced), garlic and quartered mushrooms until onion is tender.
- Toss lamb neck chops (trimmed of excess fat) in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and quickly brown chops in batches, transferring them to the casserole once they are done.
- Add the tomato paste, stock and bay leaf to the casserole.
- Cover the casserole and then cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.