Ricotta & Fruit Tart
( SERVES 1 )
If time is short, use ready-made sweet short pastry. Preparation: 15min. Cooking: 25min. Makes: 1 tart
- Place flour and icing sugar into the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, drop in the cold and chopped butter a little at a time until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 egg and pulse just until mixture comes together, adding a little chilled water if needed. Wrap in plastic clingfilm and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Place currants, chopped dried apricots, juice of 1 orange and brandy in a bowl and set aside.
- Roll out pastry and line a 24cm flan pan. Prick with a fork, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cover pastry with baking paper and weigh down with dried beans, rice or baking weights. Bake blind for 10 minutes, then lift off weights and paper and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160C. Beat together the ricotta, 4 eggs, sugar and cream until smooth. Mix in the dried fruit mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pastry base and bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool to warm before serving.