Spaghetti and meatballs
( SERVES 4 )
Spaghetti and meatballs is a favourite meal with children and it's easy enough for them to make for the whole family.
- Place onion, carrot and courgette in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add oats and pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix with mince and egg. With wet hands, form mince into 16 walnut-size balls.
- Place tomatoes, pesto, tomato paste and sugar in the bowl of the food processor and whizz until pureed. Transfer sauce to a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook meatballs in batches until golden all over and thoroughly cooked through. Pour sauce into the pan and gently stir to coat the meatballs.
- Serve meatballs on spaghetti with a little grated parmesan cheese.