Chocolate walnut pies
( MAKES 20 )
While these little pies are at their best when warm and fudgy they are also good at room temperature and can be served with coffee for afternoon tea or as little bites for dessert. They are great for serving when you have a large number of people as they’re easy to eat and quick to make. Ready in 40 mins
- Roll pastry out to a 3mm thickness. Cut out rounds and line mini muffin pans. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate together and mix well, allow to cool until just warm.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spoon chocolate filling into each muffin pan, filling to three-quarters full. Top each pie with a walnut half, pressing gently into chocolate.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden and chocolate slightly cracked.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.