Try serving this soup with a dollop of aioli and toasted rustic bread.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and gently cook onion, garlic, tomato and capsicum until onion is tender.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add bay leaf and season to taste with salt.
- Mix saffron with a little warm chicken stock and allow to sit for several minutes before adding to the soup.
- Add mussels, prawns and fish. Cook until mussels have just opened.
- Drizzle in red wine vinegar and serve scattered with chopped parsley.