Hot cucumber salad
|1 cup||Bulghur wheat, uncooked|
|2 heads||Bok choy, finely chopped|
|2 cups||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|6||Baby radishes, skin on|
|2 Tbsp||Chia seeds|
|2 packets||Pea sprouts|
- Place bulghur wheat in a large bowl, pour over enough boiling water to cover and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain well and cool in fridge.
- Peel cucumber, halve lengthways and scrape out seeds. Halve lengthways again and chop into 1cm pieces.
- Using a peeler or mandoline, slice the radishes lengthways.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add sliced radish and a pinch of salt and sauté for 20-30 seconds. Remove from pan. Repeat process with cucumber pieces and remove.
- Add bok choi and 1 tbsp water to frying pan and sauté quickly.
- Combine all salad components in a large serving bowl and dress with citrus-mint dressing.
For the citrus-mint dressing
- Pound salt and mint in a mortar and pestle. Add orange zest and juice and continue pounding mixture to a paste.
- Add tamari, honey, avocado oil and white pepper and stir well.
See more of Mike's winter entertaining recipes