Raspberry and passionfruit syrup cake
( SERVES 8 )
Keep some raspberries in the freezer and some passionfruit syrup in the pantry and you can make this simple batter cake in a jiffy when needed.
- Heat the oven to 160C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, passionfruit syrup and vanilla in a saucepan. Place over low heat and cook until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Sift the flours into a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and the eggs and mix to combine. Place in the tin and scatter over the frozen raspberries.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until springy to the touch or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold on it’s own or with yoghurt or whipped cream.
- Store once cold in an airtight container.
See more of Kathy's simple baking recipes