Whole salmon baked in a himalayan salt and fennel seed crust
Serve with pickled cucumber.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix the flour, salt, fennel in a mixer with the dough hook attachment. Slowly add water to form a smooth dough and allow to knead for about 5 minutes. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Once rested roll out the dough into a large rectangle – enough to cover the whole fish.
- Pop the lemon into the belly cavity of the salmon.
- Pick up the dough and wrap the entire fish in the dough. Carefully tuck it in on all sides to ensure no moisture escapes whilst cooking.
- Place onto a large roasting tray and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- To serve – cut around the side of the crispy crust and carefully lift off. Serve with pickled cucumber.
See more of Nic's perfect roast recipes: